SANGIOVESE 100%, aged for 18 months, this Rosso shows the vigor of the grape and soil behnd the castle.
- Altitude: 300 mt.
- Exposure: south-west.
- Soil: medium texture, clayey-sandy, rich in structure.
Vine Training System: spurred cordon.
- Density: 4.000 plants/ha (1618 plants/acre). 1ha=2.471 acres.
- Vineyards age: 12 year.
- Crop Yield/Ha.: 5.3 t.
- Crop Yield/Plant: 1.3 Kg.
- Harvest: end of September – by hand. Alcohol: 13,5%
- Vinification: maceration in stainless steel vats at 23°C controlled temperature for 10 days. The malolactic fermentation continues for 1 months.
- Barrel ageing: barrel and15 and 20hl Slavonic oak casks for 18 months.
- Bottle ageing: not less than 4 months.
- Appearance: limpid, deep ruby.
- In glass aroma: tasteful, fruity, cherry and strawberry
confiture, slightly spicy with notes of black pepper.
- In mouth sensations: warm, smooth, slightly tannic with mineral
notes, balanced, intense, long, fine.
- Final comment: harmonious, better after 2015.
- Suggestions: perfect with meat, ripe cheese or simply to enjoy.
- Serving temperature: 20°C, open 1 hours before serving.
- Annual production: 20.000 bottles.
- Packaging: 0.75 l. – flat carton by 6 bordeaux bottles.