SANGIOVESE 100%, aged for 3 years in oak casks, the Brunello shows the personality and nobility of the grape handpicked in the Vigna del Lago and in the Vigna del Castello.
- Altitude: 300 mt.
- Exposure: south-west.
- Soil: medium texture, clayey-sandy, rich in structu- re.
- Vine Training System: spurred cordon.
- Density: 4.000 plants/ha (1618 plants/acre). 1ha=2.471 acres.
- Vineyards age: 15 year.
- Crop Yield/Ha.: 5.3 t.
- Crop Yield/Plant: 1.3 Kg.
- Harvest: early October – by hand.
- Alcohol: 14.0%
- Vinification: maceration in stainless steel vats at 23°C controlled temperature for 14 days. The malolactic fermentation continues for 5 months.
- Barrel ageing: 15 and 20hl Slavonic oak casks for 42 months.
- Bottle ageing: not less than 6 months.
- Appearance: limpid, deep ruby.
- In glass aroma: tasteful, fruity, black cherry and strawberry confiture, slightly spicy with notes of tobacco and chocolate.
- In mouth sensations: warm, smooth, slightly tannic, balanced, intense, long, fine.
- Final comment: harmonious, young, better after 2015.
- Suggestions: perfect with meat, ripe cheese or for meditation.
- Serving temperature: 20°C, open 2 hours before serving.
- Annual production: 30.000 bottles.
- Packaging: 0.75 l. – flat carton by 6 bordeaux bottles.